How do we all go about gathering information for an assignment related to research?
The process I took to research was looking through all of the databases that I have access too. I googled and searched the UAF digital catalog. I gathered my information looked everything over. I tried to distill everything into an easily readable length, put my own opinion into the post, and include a video that I thought had a great visualization method.
Pick a topic I don’t know
Find a basic definitions page
Find an image that I think captures the essence of the initial article
Begin surface analysis
Verify and conduct a deep analysis
Express the media and links that capture parts 2-5
Create my own media to enhance the material
The process was fairly simple until I got to trying to insert the video I made on AdobeSpark into the post. I started simple by just google searching about CyberBullying and starting with the wikipedia definition and then started branching out from there. I visited several sites looking for similarities and differences between the sites. I listed all of the resources above that was used for creating my post! I am pretty old school. I wrote out my notes and saved my links as I found each site!
- I think I was the only one who mentioned something about making a sort of a “to do” checklist before getting started. I like to know where I am going with a thing…
- I didn’t specify Google in my graphic, but Melody and I both used it. Ben says he used databases (which I should probably do) and James doesn’t share where he does his analysis.
- Melody and I are the only ones who mentioned taking notes. Like Melody, I am old school.
- James O was the only one who mentioned capturing media and/or creating his own.
- All of us organized and/or synthesized the information.